Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm Back!

It's good to be back. Sort of. I had 103 emails to either read or delete. Honestly, I was in total withdrawal for about two days. After that, the time I had devoted to being online was absorbed by other things. With or without the computer, I end the day with things still not crossed off my to do list. You make time for what you want to do, I suppose.

Highlights of the past week include, but are not limited to, the following.

I told Owen that he couldn't play with his food. He screamed, "You are EVIL to me!" Knowing that his daddy has been letting him watch Star Wars, I replied, "Do you mean I am evil, like Darth Vader?" Owen's face went from angry to contemplative. "Yes, Dark Vader is MAD."

Audrey is terrified of the vaccum cleaner. The really bad part is that she won't crawl away from it - she wants ME! She crawls right to me and hangs on me until I pick her up. So the next time you are vaccuming and thinking how tired you are, just imagine doing it with a kid on your hip.

I took my last prenatal/postnatal vitamin. I've been on those babies for years now. CRAZY! I suppose my hair will fall out. Maybe it will be an improvement.

Owen loves coffee. Ms. Teri got him started on that when he was the only kid in the nursery. For the Sunday School hour they would share biscotti and coffee. So a few days ago I made him his own cup (1/4 coffee and 3/4 milk). He was sitting at the table, watching me rush around to get breakfast going. Then he pulled out the chair beside his and patted it, asking, "You want to sit by me and drink coffee, Mama?" How can a Mama say no to THAT?!?!

Kevin is reading "The Apple and The Arrow" to Katie at night. She likes to act out the parts. So when William Tell was about to shoot the arrow from Walter's head, Katie was stretching her arms out, too. Kevin read, "Tell stretched the bow out before him, with muscles rippling on his brown arm." Katie squinted her eyes and stared at her arm. Hilarious. (Guess you had to be there.)

Mom Hinton got her hair cut. When Owen saw her he exclaimed, "Grandma! You comb you hair?!?!"

Frugal deal of the week: I went to Kroger and bought two boxes of Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats, two boxes of Kellogg's Corn Pops, two boxes of Rice Krispy Treats, two boxes of Nutrigrain Eggo Frozen Waffles, and two packages of Keebler Fudge Shopppe cookes - for $11.54. Then I went home and ripped of the ten UPC codes and mailed it in for a $10 rebate check. FREE FOOD.

Random thought for today: It is my opinion that there should be two versions of nutritional content for Cheetos Puffs - one for the top of the bag, and one for the bottom.

And...I added a couple of new Bad Church Signs, below right.

That is all. I have no time to be witty. Carry on.

1 comment:

Camille said...

So, so, so glad you're back! You gave me a smile and a laugh at the end of a long, tiring day!
Camille