Thursday, November 10, 2005

Everyday Providence

I wouldn't have the energy to shop at 6:00, but I usually don't have enough to drag my two children around at 1:30 or so, either. Put Katie in the cart, put Katie out of the cart, let Katie "help" put groceries in the cart. Put the pacifier in Owen's mouth, go to the back and nurse Owen. Take Katie to the potty, change a blowout diaper. Just for example, of course.

Kevin is learning "What Child Is This?" on the guitar. He is playing it right now. It really mellows me out when I have a busy, difficult day. Make that WEEK. I am so very, very tired! I hope he learns it by Christmas so he can play it in church.

On Tuesday night I kept Ana and Marcus while Andy and Kevin went to the Grizzlies game. It was kinda a birthday present for Andy. The kids weren't too bad, but Marcus had Return of the Jedi up SO loud. I would make him turn it down, then Owen would cry so Marcus would just turn it up again...and Ana loves Owen so she would come tell me that Owen was crying, as if I didn't notice. I was pretty busy. So busy, in fact, that I forgot to watch OR tape the Amazing Race!

Last weekend we went with my parents to see a movie and then to their house for dinner. It was nice to spend some time with them. The weekend before that was the church Harvest Party. That was lots of fun, with a hayride and bonfire. Kevin also planned some games that the adults and kids could do together (the best was when Cathy Dingman and I were goats...LOL!).

I got Katie some good books and got myself some really nice clothes last weekend at yard sales. American Eagle and Old Navy, mostly. I got some pants that looked new, too, but they say "Sears and Roebuck" on the tag so I think they are probably some old lady's that died. The tag says "pants that fit" but should say "pants that fit someone who has never given birth."

No comments: