Thursday, June 16, 2005

Everyday Providence

The Owen Report, Week 36

No progress yet, but baby is head-down.

Weight is up to 151 - not bad! It looks like I won't get up to 170 this time like I did with Katie.

BP was 103/70 and hopefully will stay low so induction will not be necessary.

Swelling is minimal, another pleasant surprise. With Katie I looked like a blimp. The only time it gets bad with Owen is if I am in the heat and on my feet for to long.

Stay tuned for next week!

Okay, one thing happened that made this a sad, sad week. I don't know how many of you know my cousin Michelle, but her mama passed away Monday night at the age of 47 from bone cancer. We are glad she is no longer in pain (which was severe), but will miss her so much.

I already had a busy week going, but I had made the decision to get groceries AND meet with two of my voice students (they are singing at church on Sunday) all on Tuesday and just stay home and rest on Monday. This turned out to be for the best.

I rested and puttered around here on Monday.

On Tuesday, I picked up Abby (my 13 year old sister) and met with my two students, then got groceries. When I got home I found out that my aunt's viewing was from 5-8 that afternoon, so it was very convenient that my sister was already here (and that I had dinner already in the crock pot!). I was able to spend most of the evening at the funeral home, which although emotionally tiring, was not physically demanding.

Then late Tuesday night, Katie ran a fever. She was HOT! We gave her Tylenol and it broke; then she woke up at 5:30 with more fever, which was also taken care of with Tylenol. I was supposed to take Dad for his PT in Southaven on Wednesday morning, but Kevin said that he didn't want me dragging Katie out when she might be sick. Oddly enough, she was fine the rest of the day! And she had no other symptoms of sickness besides the fever! I think that God was just taking care of me so I didn't have to drive so far and then attend the funeral.

The funeral was at 4:00 on Wednesday. I sat with my parents. It was very sad, but nice. What was really weird is that my ex-fiance preached the funeral service! I hadn't seen him since college, and it wasn't a happy parting (not that it was bitter, just sad). So I thought that was going to be awkward, but he did an incredible job. Later at the gravesite, I told him so! And we chatted for a bit. It was good to resolve some issues...not that we really talked about what went on back then or anything - there was no need to. It was, what, over 10 years ago? And we are now both very happy, married with kids. So the closure came just from getting past the awkwardness of seeing each other and saying hey, I am glad you are happy. As he put it, "God has a way of working things out for our good."

On Wednesday night, after the funeral, Mom called and said that Dad decided he didn't need any more PT.

Then I had my OB appointment today, which was fine. And now I am going to make my son some curtains and get the pink ones down out of his room.

I also wanted to say that Monday night and last night were both really nice. On Monday Kevin took me and Katie to Sonic, got ice cream, and went to the playground at the elementary school. It was a beautiful night and we had a great time together as a family.

Then last night we went swimming after dinner. It was dark, and we lit the tikki torches and just floated around the pool. So relaxing! I have a floating lounge that kinda puts you slightly under the water, and I got this great idea to lie on my stomach - WONDERFUL! I could have slept out there, floating on my stomach under the stars.

Tomorrow my friend Christi is going to take some nice pictures of me and my big belly with Katie. That should be fun.

That's all for now!

No comments: