Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Everyday Providence

For the first time in my life (that I am aware of) I was called a "mother f'er" today. You would think the lady would have been happy that I was backing out of the very first parking space *right in the front* of Wal-Mart, so that she could get it for herself. After all, I was backing slowly, and she came FLYING around the corner. We ended up breaking maybe a half a car length away from each other, so it wasn't even a close call; I had only pulled out about three feet!

I expected for her to wave to me to continue, since she was probably looking for a space. Instead, she looked me straight in the eye and mouthed her obscenity VERY clearly. Then she glared and sped right around my car (and like I said, she had plenty of room)...and almost hit an old guy who was unloading his groceries!

I thought maybe she was leaving, since she didn't take my space, but I had to follow her up that aisle (it was one-way). She sped down the next one and parked about halfway.

WOW. I have never been called that before.

Today I am getting housework done and working on the church website.

I almost have supper cooked and it is only 10:51! I have to do it this morning since Dad's doctor appointment is in Southaven at 3:00. I won't be back in time to cook it tonight.

No comments: