Monday, March 16, 2020

Educational Resources for Homebound Students

A friend contacted me to see if I had any suggestions for online educational resources for her 1st grader while school is out. Here are some of my favorite websites and apps:

DLTK's Crafts for Kids

This website has tons of printables for free! Just be sure your ad blocker is off.

Starfall

This has been a favorite in our family for 12 years! The original content and some samples of newer content are free, but you do have to pay for full access. There's also an app.

Dance Mat Typing

This is super fun and completely free!

Burning Cargo

A typing game for older kids, complete with story line and missions.

Sheppard Software

Tons of fun, free educational games.

Khan Academy Kids

Fantastic free app!

Khan Academy

I love Khan Academy for older learners, too!

Stack the States (iOS)
Stack the States (Android)

This is a fun geography game. It's worth the $2.99 price tag. (There's also Stack the Countries.)

Libby

This handy little app lets you sign in with your local library card and get free audio books and ebooks. I use this app on a daily basis for myself, and my Kindergartener loves looking at picture books on his iPad.

Have fun, and comment below if you have an app or website to add!


No comments: