Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Praying God's Word in Suffering (1)

Sovereign God,

Cause me to rejoice in the hope of Your glory! But even more than that, may I rejoice in even my sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope. Thank You that Your love has been poured into my heart through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to me! Thank You that while I was an ungodly sinner, Christ died for me, to justify me from my sin and save me from Your wrath. (Romans 5)

Compassionate Father,

I praise You for Your Spirit, who helps me in my weakness! I do not know what to pray for as I ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for me with groanings too deep for words. And You who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for me according to Your will. And I know that for those who love You all things work together for good, for those who are called according to Your purpose. So what should I say to these things? If You are for me, who can be against me? Who can separate me from the love of Christ? Can tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? No! In all these things I am more than a conqueror through You who loves me. For I am sure that nothing in all creation will be able to separate me from Your love. (Romans 8)

No comments: