Sunday, October 16, 2005

A Taste of Heaven

Yesterday I went for a walk for the first time in months. It was such a beautiful morning! As I walked, I thought about a hymn that one of my voice students is singing right now. The last verse is the best one:

This is my Father's world
Oh, let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.

This is my Father's world
The battle is not done
Jesus who died shall be satisfied
And earth and heav'n be one.

I have always enjoyed walking for exercise and hope I can get back on the bandwagon. It is just so quiet and peaceful and gives me time to think and meditate on God's word. The exercise is just an added bonus, really! I try to do a mile a day. Of course, this requires getting up and going before Kevin leaves for work because I can't push both of my kids in a stroller (too hard with my ruptured disk).

Today was Celebration Sunday at church. What an incredible service! Stuart McCollough sang a song that I just must find on CD...something like "how great the Father's love for us"? The sermon was on Christ's sufficiency. The trap of legalism....ah, yes. I needed to be reminded of that. It is so very easy to point that particular flaw out in others, but so easy to overlook in ourselves.

The Kendalls, Pruitts, McColloughs, Abneys, and Tom and Stacy were there. I couldn't help but think, "This is a taste of heaven...everyone worshipping together again." I really missed the Sipes, though.

No comments: